Monday, January 3, 2011

Dunbar Farm

We were blessed to be invited by our friends the Dunbars to join them at their farm / hunting camp for new years.  We had a great time!  My dad and Bruce Dunbar started a hunting camp together with several other men when I was 6, and the Holmes family and Dunbar family have been friends ever since!  Bruce and Ida were even kind and generous enough to allow me to stay with them when I moved to Birmingham since Micah wasn't moving with me right away (and we had not found anywhere to live!).  Their middle son McGavock and I grew up hunting together and seeing each other at cross country meets.  McGavock and his wife Ann moved back to Birmingham about 6 or so months ago, and it has been great fun getting to hang our with them and their son Jake.  We loved getting to bring in the new year with them and the entire Dunbar family.  We even stayed up until 11.30!!! (The latest I've stayed up since Caroline was born!)  Hey that's 2011 in NYC right?? Though we brought the camera, I'm sad to say we totally forgot to take ANY pictures.  Sorry, I promise to do better next time!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment